5 Tips to Fight Spring Allergies
Here Are 5 Simple Tips to Support Your Family and Friends Living with Allergies or Asthma. Call Us Today to Learn More About Allergy & Asthma Treatment Options the Allergy & Asthma Center Has to Offer. We Have Top Allergy Doctors & 3 Convenient Locations Near You in Atlanta, Lawrenceville, & Conyers, GA.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic illness in the United States. They affect more than 50 million Americans. The most common allergic diseases include hay fever and asthma. While allergies cannot be prevented, allergic reactions and symptoms can be. Once a person knows his or her trigger, he or she can avoid that allergen, take medicine to block reactions or start immunotherapy. Here are 5 helpful tips to support your family and friends living with allergies and/or asthma this spring:
- During the peak of the spring pollen season, choose to do an activity in an air-conditioned environment with your loved ones.
- For those who need assistance, help him or her change air filters every three months. High-efficiency particulate air, or HEPA, filters are best.
- Shower and wash your hair after outdoor exposure. Showering before getting into bed helps remove pollen from your hair and skin. Regularly wash pets and keep them out of the bedroom if they have been outside since pollen can cling to their fur.
- For asthmatics, know his or her asthma action plan and where his or her rescue inhaler is located.
- Should your friend or family member have a history of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction, know where her or his Epinephrine auto-injector is and how to use it in case of emergency.
If you are dealing with allergies or asthma, and looking for an allergy clinic near you, feel free to make an appointment with one of our board-certified allergists in Atlanta, Lawrenceville or Conyers, GA by calling or requesting an appointment online.